Sunday, February 14, 2010

My newest home...





It has occurred to me that many of the places I have written about in my travel journal I wish to keep forever in my mind as once my home, for at least a short while. Although, I haven’t written extensively about my childhood in Guilford, Connecticut or the many places I lived as an undergraduate at the University of Michigan, it is not because I did not consider those places my home. In truth, I have grown even more appreciative of the home and family that I was nurtured by as a child back in the east. It is then that I had never previously truly understood the notion of home. Perhaps it was because I didn’t actually own the place or that I didn’t take the time to think about what home means to me. Regardless, I have come to appreciate the time I get to spend during the week maintaining my new house and filling it with all the objects and memories that make it a home with my new wife, Maria.

We invite all friends and family to join us any time that is mutually agreeable. But until then, enjoy the photos of what we have made of 454 Madison St, so far.



The number preceding the picture corresponds to a triangle on the layout. This is the spot and direction that the picture was taken. Enjoy the tour!

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)


11)

12)

13)

14)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great home you have established! I love the "CAVE" Zack. Wow, you have a lot of nice furniture! I am so happy for the two of you. You have done a lot of work and it shows. Thanks so much for taking time to share you home with us! Mama Jules

Mom said...

What great pics!!! I am so glad to be able to see your new place. It's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you all the best. Luv, Mom

Jim & Michele said...

Hi Guys, Nice house. It looks like you are getting very comfortable. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.