Tuesday, May 12, 2009

XXX

The three crosses is a symbol to designate the city that persists in the canal system created on the third dam in the river Amster, known commonly as Amsterdam. That factoid comes from a a free walking tour that is the source of most of the historically relevant information I now know about Amsterdam. Most of what you will hear from usbout this wonderfully small city are those stories told to Maria and I about the continued tolerance of Amsterdamers and random anecdotes of wandering about the town that will invariably start, "When I was in Amsterdam..." If you're lucky one of those stories will continue on to describe an experience we had strolling through the red light district or lounging at any one of the myriad of coffee shops in the city. One of the more politically correct activities we I experienced was our visit to Keukenhof. Be assured we took a number of beautiful pictures with the tulips and windmill. They will be put up as soon as I have access to a USB drive. Well, people are waiting to use this free Wi-Fi. I better go. Next we are on to Paris through Belgium. Hopefully we can catch up there. Love lots, ~Z

1 comment:

grandee said...

I see you are having a wonderful time...Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy.
You both look so very happy.
Glad you arrived safely and keep having a wonderful time.
love you,
grandee